Autumn retreat - Fully completed
This retreat is open to all, beginners or advanced. Experienced monks and nuns are available to answer questions from people coming for the first time.
The 8-day retreat is divided into two parts:
- Preparation (3 zazen per day): From Saturday 24th in the evening (6pm) to Wednesday 28th (after breakfast). The timetable is divided between meditation, teaching, samu (collective work) and rituals. There are also moments of relaxation (a good convivial meal on Tuesday evening and a day of rest on Wednesday).
- Sesshin (4 zazen per day): From Wednesday 28th (6pm) to Sunday 1st November (2.30pm), a more intensive period centred on zazen, Zen meditation.
It is possible to take part at the first part, the second part or the whole.
A great opportunity to discover or deepen the practice of Zen!
All health safety rules are in place at Ryumonji. They will be communicated to you when you register.
We ask you to make a personal commitment to respect them. This is in order to take care of our health as well as that of others.
(Teaching, accommodation and meals included)
- Full retirement: 325 € / 238 € (students, unemployed)
- First 5 days (preparation): from Sunday 25 to Tuesday 27 (2pm) : 135€ / 103€ / from Sunday 25 to Wednesday 28 (11am) : 154€ / 112€
- Sesshin (last 4 days) : 171 € / 126 €
+ 15 € membership of the ATZW association
+ Sheet hire: 6 €
please specify whether you are participating in the sesshin, full retreat or preparation
- For meditation (zazen): kimono OR comfortable dark clothes for practice + zafu (black or brown meditation cushion).
- For meals: bowl + spoon + fork + a large dark napkin to wrap the bowl + a small white handkerchief type napkin
- For the beds: duvet cover 1 person + fitted sheet 1 person + pillowcase - No sleeping bag.
- For everyday use: shoes and work clothes, sandals or flip-flops (to be removed easily), slippers for indoors
- Possibility to borrow certain items on site.
Please note: mobile phones must be completely switched off throughout the monastery. It is possible to make phone calls in the car parks.
If you have to arrive at Ingwiller station, please coordinate your arrival with the secretariat.
Ingwiller/Temple transport costs : 6€
03 88 89 26 02 (Tuesday to Sunday, 9.30am-12pm).