Zaike Tokudo is the name given to monks and nuns who continue to live in a social and family setting. It literally means "practicing while keeping house". These tokudo in the heart of the cities are, however, expected to play an important role in the city dojos or in the monasteries where they go on a very regular basis.
During this training retreat different points will be addressed:
- Ritual gestures and the importance of the presence of the body in the practice.
- The meaning of the ceremonies, the traditional procedure of Soto Zen, how to adapt these ceremonies in the dojos
- Performing a funeral or remembrance ceremony
- Learn the different functions in a monastery.
The Zaike retreat will take place from April 10 to 14. Arrival on Saturday, April 9 at 5pm. Departure on Thursday, April 14 after lunch (or continue with the Gotan-e).
All health security rules are in place at Ryumonji. They will be communicated to you upon arrival.
We ask for a personal commitment to respect them. This is to take care of our health as well as that of others. Please bring a negative PCR or antigenic test less than 24 hours old. Those with a complete vaccination + booster shot can also bring a certificate of vaccination.
(Teaching, accommodation and meals included)
- Full retreat: 339 € / 248 € (for students and job seekers)
- Bed sheet rental: 6 €
- To participate in the activities of the monastery, you must be a member of the Association of the Zen Temple of Weiterswiller. Annual fee: 15 €.
or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.