First sesshin, beginners' retreat - fully completed
« Experience a retreat in a Zen Temple »
This sesshin, while open to everyone, is specifically designed for those who have not attended a sesshin before. The aim of the weekend is to familiarize participants with zen practice.
The beginners´ sesshin allows the discovery of zazen and daily life in a zen monastery. Seminars and exchanges among participants help foster an understanding of the nature of sesshins, zen ceremonies, and the practice in general.
It is a great opportunity for those who are ready to take a first step into zen, and for others who wish to refresh their practice by taking another look at the basics.
The sesshin will take place on October 17th and 18th. Arrival is the evening before (meal at 8.30 pm). Departure is after lunch on the last day.
All health safety rules are in place at Ryumonji. They will be communicated to you when you register.
We ask you to make a personal commitment to respect them. This is in order to take care of our health as well as that of others.
Complete retreat : 175 € / 142 € (students, unemployed)
Annual membership fee : 15€
You can rent bedclothes for 6€, or 2€ per item.
WHAT TO BRING AT THE MONASTERY
- Please bring a kimono or loose fitting dark clothing to wear while practicing Zazen, and a zafu (black or brown meditation cushion).
- You will need a bowl, a spoon, a fork or chopsticks, and a large dark coloured napkin in which to wrap your bowl.
- You´ll also need a small white napkin. Please bring bed sheets and a pillowcase ( NO SLEEPING BAG PLEASE ).
- Work clothes and footwear, and sandals or flipflops which can be easily removed are also necessary
- If you don´t have any of the above mentioned items, you may borrow them from the temple.
Please note: mobile phones must be completely switched off throughout the monastery. It is possible to make phone calls in the car parks.
If you plan to arrive at the station at Ingwiller, please confirm your arrival time with our office.
Ingwiller/Temple transport costs : 6€
03 88 89 26 02 (du mardi au dimanche, 9h30-12h).